Well, I think I covered some of these in a previous post, but I’ll go through them again for clarity. This is a list of things I’m interested in doing sometime in the next 5 years.
- Scuba diving trip (about 1 week) in Canada.
- Cycling trip in Europe (Eastern Europe? England?)
- Backpacking in Japan (1 month)
With college graduation looming ahead, the responsibilities of managing a career aren’t far behind. How hard would it be to finance one of these adventures before I commit to 20 years at a desk? Out of the 3, the one that most interest me is a cycling trip in Europe, let’s say around Britain’s coast. I know from experience that the cost of living (and travelling) is higher in England than in the rest of Europe, so if I plan a budget there, that same budget should also cover a trip around France or Spain instead. I’ll need to research/decide:
- Plane tickets
- Length of the trip
- Whether I want to go with a touring group or solo,
- Cost of equipment (different for touring group vs. solo)
- Training schedule (only tangentially related to finances, but important for a trip like this)
- Day to day expenses